Sunday, August 9, 2009

I Hate Paperwork

I understand the necessity of keeping good records. I know I need to keep track of my employees hours and do all the necessary paperwork needed to make sure they get paid and the government gets their share. I know I need to keep track of PST (provincial Sales Tax) collected and send it in on time to the government so they can pay for schools and roads and healthcare. I know I need to keep track of GST (Goods and Services Tax) paid and collected so I can send it in to the Federal Government. I understand the need to Worker’s Compensation and filling out all the correct forms and sending in appropriate payments. I need to keep good records of sales and expenditures (there are lots of them). I know all this. But that doesn’t mean I like it. There are days when I think working my old construction job where I would no doubt earn lots more money and not have half the paperwork wouldn’t be so bad. But then, what would I have to write about? Gotta keep entertaining the world! OK, so nobody is being entertained. But it would be a heck of a lot less entertaining writing about my adventures in laying floors!

Anyway…enough ranting. It’s 11:08 pm and I have a mountain of paperwork to get through and need to get up early again to get ready for another fun day at the paintball field (which will create more need for paperwork…ugh!).

No comments:

Post a Comment