Monday, August 3, 2009

West Coast Pump Weekend – Part 2

Well, it’s all over but the cleanup (actually with the help of my wife, we got most of that done today). The last of the campers left this morning to catch an early ferry. Sunday’s recreational games were lots of fun. I managed to play most of the day after some early morning administrative stuff got accomplished. I still don’t have a final count, but we must have had very close to 60 participants on Sunday. With the players that took part on Saturday, but couldn’t (or didn’t want to) on Sunday, we must have had close to 70 participants for our all pump weekend.

It was great to see many of our regular pump players and those that came from afar for the second or third time. It was also great to see many new faces. I’m really impressed and honoured that people come from as far as they do for a weekend of paintball at our humble facility. Thank you to all who make the effort and I really hope everyone that came found value for their efforts.

The Saturday night festivities went way later than an old timer like me can handle these days (some of us do NEED to get up early the next day), but from what I saw until I hit the sack and from what I heard from others the next day, everyone seemed to have a good time.

It’s always interesting to get feedback from others that have played at facilities in other parts of the world. It’s always great for that first time player to come up to us at the end of the day and tell us they had a great time, but it’s also interesting for a field owner to find out how his business stacks up to others in the world. Thanks to those who shared their thoughts with me. It was good get the reviews. I’m happy that the reviews were all good, but I would appreciate the reviews even if they weren’t.

Now, back to the regular grind until next year.

1 comment:

  1. An all pump weekend... hmmmmmm! I might want to know more. Sounds like you pulled it off nicely!

    ReplyDelete